Program Offerings / Curriculum
- Bachelor of Science in Criminology
News / AVP
UPHSL College of Criminology is committed to develop competent, morally upright, and service and research oriented graduates, who have the passion for excellence in the field of criminology and criminal justice administration.
UPHSL College of Criminology is envisioned to be one of the foremost provider of dedicated criminologists and criminal justice professionals, who are respectful and protectors of human rights, and value service above self.
- Law Enforcer
- Scientific Crime Detector
- Intelligence Investigator
- Immigration Police
- Customs Police
- Drug Enforcer
- Aviation Security Officer
- Airport Police
- Security Officer
- Security Supervisor
- Fire and Safety Officer
- Cruiseship Line Security Officer
- SAF (Police)
- Bureau of Correction
- To develop professionally competent, morally upright and dedicated Criminologists and Criminal Justice Professionals.
- To achieve recognition as one of the respected Criminal Justice Education Program in the country.
- To engage in research that can contribute knowledge in the field of criminology and criminal justice administration.
- To develop and implement sustainable program-based community extension activities participated by various stakeholders.
Program Educational Objectives
Guided by the University mission, the Perpetualite Graduates are/can:
- Deliver efficient and effective services in the field of criminology and criminal justice administration;
- Respectful of human rights;
- Foster the value of leadership, integrity, accountability and responsibility while serving the community and the country;
- Service and research-oriented criminologists and criminal justice professionals; and
- Engage continually in life-long learning and professional development through continuing professional education.
Student OutcomesGraduates receiving the B.S. Degree in Criminology are expected to:
- Articulate and discuss the latest development in the specific field of practice (PQF level 6 descriptor)
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams (PQF level 6 descriptor)
- Act in recognition of professional, social and ethical responsibility
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722)
- Conduct criminological research on crime, crime caution, victims, and offenders to include deviant behavior;
- Internalize the concepts of human rights and victim welfare
- Demonstrate competence and broad understanding in law enforcement administration, public safety and criminal justice;
- Utilize criminalistics or forensic science in the investigation and detection of crime;
- Apply the principles and jurisprudence of criminal law, evidence and criminal procedure;
- Ensure offenders’ welfare and development for their re-integration to the community.
- Participate in the generation of new knowledge or in research and development projects.